Tuesday 3 March 2009

A lot of things happened

Woah, it's been nearly 2 weeks and a lot of things happened.
I've been to London with 2 mates, had a blast. Saw a lot of things, visited a lot of musuems and ate even more junk food. We've been to Burger King 7 times in 6 days... good thing that we walked somewhere around 8 miles a day.

Picadilly Circus and Big Ben:



Last sunday I went driftkarting with the SXOC crew. I loved it, good fun. I hope to do this again real soon in the near future.

Also I finally finished my car's interior. Only thing left was putting the radiator back in. That was allright, didn't have too many problems (thanks to John and Kay for helping me). So after that and washing it, I went out for a cruise with Kay, took some photo's, cruised a bit more and went home. When we got home I parked my car in the garage, Kay came in as well and we were just saying to each other how smooth the RB sounds when all of a sudden I heard a sizzling and dripping sound... Popped the hood and coolant was visible behind the head where the sound was coming from. I freaked out, started talking about the selling the car right away because I really felt shit; I finally had it back on the road running again when that happened. Went to my room, googled a bit to see if I could find someone with a similar problem and I did. A guy on the Australian Skyline forum (thank jebus voor intarnetz) had the same problem. In his case it was the water feed to the turbo. Had a chat with a few friends of mine and they also said it could very well be the water feed. Took it off today with a mate of mine. It's a proper shit-job since it's located in between the engine and the firewall. Luckily I didn't have to jack up the gearbox even a bit to reach it.
The cracked hose that caused all this trouble:



I'm hoping to replace it this week, it felt good to drive my car again since 3 months.

Three more pictures of my car's "new" and funky fresh interior:

No comments:

Post a Comment