Tuesday 13 October 2009

Windscreen pwnage

My car's windscreen decided to stretch its legs today... while I was doing 120 km/h on the motorway.
This is how it looked like right after it happened:



Got some things sorted right after I got home, thanks to a towing company.
Took the bonnet off:



This is what the roof looks like:



Crack in the windscreen:



Decided to take my bumper off as well. Wanted to re-locate the oil cooler for quite some time and I can combine this with putting these locks on which allow you to take the entire front bumper off in a matter of seconds.



What happens now?

- Kay and William will be coming over to repair the roof as much as possible on friday.
- Bought a burgundy red bonnet from Daniel and I got a pair of hinges from Joep.
- I'm insured against any windscreen damage so I'll be having that fixed some time soon as well, I hope.
- I have to re-paint my roof after its lost (most of) its dents.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment